INTERNET MARKETING NEWS
The Marketing Academy unveils its 2019 scholars – Marketing Week
A total of 30 executives have been picked for the scholarship programme, which aims to prepare the next generation of marketers for leadership roles.
The Marketing Academy has revealed the 30 emerging marketing leaders that have made it onto its scholarship programme for 2018.
The 30 marketers went through a three-stage selection process, including nominations, pitches and face-to-face interviews, to make it into this year’s class. It includes emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners, agencies and startups.
The programme, which is sponsored by Facebook, KFC Global, Virgin Atlantic, Accenture, ITV, PHD, and BT, features one-to-one mentoring with a line-up of more than 50 industry mentors. These include Nationwide CMO Sara Bennison, John Lewis’s customer director Craig Inglis and RBS CMO David Wheldon.
Scholars also attend three ‘boot camps’ where they will hear from speakers from marketing and beyond. They are also assigned an executive coach courtesy of Wisdom8 and attend scholarship lectures hosted by subject matter authorities.
Sherilyn Shackell, The Marketing Academy’s founder and CEO, says: “It’s so exciting to be appointing the tenth cohort of the UK scholarship. The support we’re continually given by our incredible mentors, coaches, partners and speakers is remarkable and demonstrates the desire and need to place talent development at the heart of brands and agencies.”
- Aditi Arora, senior strategy consultant, Co:Lab, C Space
- Alex Ayin, commercial director, Social Chain Group
- Asad Dhunna, founder, Unmistakables
- Catherine Sin, senior B2B marketing strategy manager, HSBC
- Claire Rea, global marketing manager, Raisio Group
- Dan Bennett, consulting director, behavioural science practice, Ogilvy
- Dan Carragher, associate creative director, Bow & Arrow
- Elise Dickinson, head of global brands innovation Europe, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Gina Head, European brand manager, Whiskas at Mars Petcare
- Gina Hood, senior account director, Snap London
- Hai Bei Chen, head of brand campaigns and reputation, Virgin Holidays
- Helena Jennison, marketing director, Movember Foundation
- Hollie McLellan, client director, Manifesto Growth Architects
- Isabel Massey, global media director, Diageo
- Kathryn Sharam, marketing manager, The Walt Disney Company
- Kitty Poole, marketing director, Doddle
- Lauren Crozier, senior marketing manager BT Sport, BT
- Lauren Port, business director, PHD
- Marcus Buck, senior brand manager innovation, KFC UK & Ireland
- Markos Papavlasopoulos, senior brand manager, Birds Eye, Nomad Foods Europe
- Michael Campbell, head of acquisition marketing, Guardian News and Media
- Nic Willison, strategy director, AMV BBDO
- Rebecca Fairbairn, marketing controller, Hain Daniels
- Rebecca Ziantoni, account director, McCann
- Riccardo Scotti di Uccio, business marketing lead, Facebook
- Samuel Horner, senior brand manager, Häagen-Dazs, General Mills
- Sarah Whiddett, head of insight and customer experience, Bidfood
- Simon Ricks, senior marketing manager, ITV
- Surabhi Bahl, senior consultant digital marketing, Accenture
- Tom Hillman, head of paid social, TransferWise