After an eight-week blackout, access to Nexstar stations is being restored to DirecTV and AT&T U-verse subscribers.
In a joint statement Thursday, AT&T and Nexstar said they reached a new multiyear deal that allows the 120 stations, which include ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC affiliate stations, to return on DirecTV, AT&T TV and U-verse platforms.
The stations went dark at 11:59 p.m. local time July 3 after Nexstar and AT&T were unable to reach an agreement.
“Our customers want more choice and value and we are pleased to deliver that through this new agreement with Nexstar and its many local stations,” Rob Thun, AT&T Communications senior vice president of content and programming, said in the statement.
The companies did not disclose financial terms of the deal and said they regretted the inconvenience.
Higher prices coming: New tariffs could raise the prices of these Chinese-made products
Massive recall: Contigo recalls 5.7 million kids water bottles because of ‘potential choking hazard’
Keith Hopkins, senior vice president, distribution, Nexstar Media Group Inc., said in the statement, “this new multi-year agreement will allow us to continue delivering our stations’ leading network and sports content as well as local news and other programming to AT&T subscribers in our markets.”
Earlier this month, CBS and AT&T ended a three-week dispute.
This year, there have been more than 200 blackouts industry-wide, which is a record for a year, AT&T previously said in a statement, noting it was a 20% jump over the 165 blackouts in 2018.
Another dispute remains unresolved: Dish Network and Sling subscribers lost access to 21 Fox Sports regional networks more than a month ago on July 26.
Follow Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko